Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Prado

Sorry I've been gone so long. Just finished being sick!

I recently ate at The Prado Restaurant for the first time the other day. We had reservations on a Friday night and I thought it would be more upscale than it was. The prices are definitely above average but it's not as up tight as I thought it would be. This restaurant is smack dab in the middle of Balboa Park which seems like it would be a great place to take a date. A very intimate setting and the lights are turned down low.

As for the food. They had very nice presentation with the food. I started off with tortilla soup as whenever I see it on the menu I order it because it is my favorite soup. Their version of tortilla soup was OK but it needed to be a little bit more hearty. Seemed like they were trying to make the tortilla soup fancy. Then I had Colorado Lamb. Overall the lamb was great. It tasted good throughout the whole thing. The polenta was very creamy and I loved the peas. I ended the night with a cream cheese flan. Usually flans are very sweet or the ones I've tried but this wasn't as sweet as other so I enjoyed it.

Overall this restaurant is great for it's intimate setting and is a great place to take a date or a loved one.

2 comments:

Felicia said...

Hi, the prices are a little high, but the setting is so nice, especially on the patio.

Brent McD. said...

hope you're feeling better