Wednesday, July 4, 2007

San Diego County Fair





Today is the last day of the fair. I went on Sunday which was reported as one of the hottest days. Great. I went with a group which I have to say is the way to go. You get to try a lot more food at a cheaper price since everyone can split the costs and have some. The first dish I tried was a BBQ Sundae which was mashed potatoes, bbq pork, bbq sauce in a sundae cup topped off with a cherry tomato. As a side dish I had some fried zucchini which is probably my favorite deep fried vegetable at the fair especially when dipped in ranch dressing. After that I had to take a break from food and walk around. I saw the monster trucks, swimming pigs and really beautiful flowers. There was a blossomed artichoke which looked amazing. A friend of mine got the Krispy Kreme Chicken Sandwich. I was shocked that they actually give you a packet of honey as if it's not sweet enough. He said it as good but I couldn't get myself to eating one. We passed by the rattlesnake stand but no one was willing to share with me as I knew I couldn't finish one whole thing. Instead we decided to go for something a bit sweeter, a Mexican funnel cake which is basically one gigantic churro in the shape of a funnel cake topped off with your choice of whipped cream or strawberries. It is really good and will definitely get it again.

After that we decided to take a break from eating and watch more shows until we felt like we could eat again. We opted for the air conditioned rooms displaying rings and precious stones. We also rode the water slide ride to cool us off. Afterwards we finished our day off with a fair classic, corn.

Overall, the two things I suggest everyone bring to the fair; an antacid and a sealed bottle of water. Antacid for obvious reasons and the sealed bottled of water because water is completely over priced but essential. Till next year!

1 comment:

Felicia said...

The BBQ sundae sounds yummy. Corn for dessert? OMG that is a lot of food. Great photo of the artichoke too.