Saturday, June 16, 2007

Yogurt World

There seems to be a yogurt revolution happening or maybe I just haven't noticed yogurt too much until now. In comes yogurt world on Convoy Street in Clairmont Mesa. As I passed by on my way to another store I saw the line out the door. Wondering what was going on, we all decided to stop. My friend was ecstatic because she is a yogurt fan and couldn't wait to see what the fuss was about. Yogurt world is that, a world of yogurt. I never knew yogurt was so popular. What is the difference between yogurt and ice cream anyway? Didn't really get a definitive answer but I hear it has less fat. Anyway, I'm confused as to what is happening so an employee of Yogurt World explains the set up. You get a bowl and you basically have your way. There's different flavors of yogurt and you basically put what you want on it. Have it your way. After the yogurt, you decide what toppings you want like coconut shavings, strawberries, blueberries and even some candy and toss that into your bowl also. When you're done creating your masterpiece it is weighed by the ounce and you pay by the ounce. It was a fun experience and being that it is summer and it seems that June Gloom has finally left, I see myself visiting this place again when I'm in the area. One downside to the whole thing is the parking lot is a mess and ridiculous. Definitely a fun alternative to your ordinary ice cream.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Hope you didn't go to Yogurt World after the Crazy Buffet!