Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Mission Trails Regional Park




Over the past year or so, I've gotten bit by the rock climbing bug which is great being that San Diego is a great place to love rock climbing. One of the most popular areas to go rock climbing is in Mission Trails Regional Park. If you didn't know, it is the largest urban park in San Diego. Cowles Mountain is also the highest point in San Diego so it's a jewel for San Diego to have it preserved. Besides having a great bike route and hiking routes there is also the great rock climbing with the huge boulders sitting atop the mountains. The rock climber's loop takes you right up to the boulder's face where you can perfect your rock climbing skill or look back to see that you're 400 plus feet off the ground and can see downtown San Diego on a clear day. It's a real nice view up there. Next time I go up I am defineatly going to bring my camera again and take better pictures. I only had my camera phone last time and the other times I've been up there I was only there to climb. Even if you're not a climber, the walk up is a moderate hike and well worth the view if you're not ready to hike up Cowles Mountain. Here are some pictures from my camera phone, I'll take some more when I get back up there.

1 comment:

Kelly Ansley said...

Climbing there is beautiful! If you like bouldering you should also check out Santee.